Covid-19 – temporary meeting closures
With the Declaration of a State of Emergency by the Government of Ontario, many venues are closed for the foreseeable future.
However, Public Health Ontario has advised that Al-Anon is classified as one of the mental health essential services.
If members choose to meet it is recommended that
- they stay 6 feet apart,
- wear a mask if you have one, and
- the meeting takes place outside if possible. If you are sick, it is asked that you not meet.
One of our members has been in touch with Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Heat and received this reply…
- the groups can only be a max of 10 people if there are more they need to have 2 (or more) meetings separated. Splitting mid way is not allowed
- each group, whether inside or out should have hand sanitizer or a washing station
- if the facility allows you to meet inside you can only have 10 people.
- again keep 6′ distance inside or out. Masks are mandatory.
As the province relaxes regulations about gathering District 4 now has several ‘in-person’ meetings these are;
- New Fresh Start – Monday Morning
- Serenity Seekers – Monday night
- Wednesday morning AFG Wednesday morning
Guelph AFG– Wednesday night– Closed until further notice
- Courage to Grow AFG – Fergus – Thursday night
- Miracles in Progress – Thursday night
Fresh Start – Friday Morning– Closed until further notice
- New Beginnings – Friday Night
- One Day at a time – Kitchener – Saturday Morning
If anyone questions you, reference article 44 of Public Health new essential services.
If you would like to meet in person and have a venue that is available (as churches remain closed), please send the details to the District Representative or Alternate District Rep and we will post the information on the website for members to meet.
We have set up 6 virtual meetings each week until further notice – you can view them on our Virtual meetings page
Please use your Conference Approved Literature, numerous internet resources including podcasts and electronic meetings and reach out to members using your phone lists and video chat. We all need our fellowship in this challenging time.
Meetings confirmed as closed
Here is a list of meetings currently closed, partially opened or fully open due to CoronaVirus (Covid-19) click the link for more details of possible re-openings…
- One Day at a time – Kitchener Now reopened follow the link for details
- New Courage to Change AFG – Kitchener
- Monday Night Waterloo Alateen
- New Fresh Start – Fergus Closed until further notice
- Courage to Love AFG – Cambridge
- Wednesday Morning AFG – Cambridge Now Open – standard social distancing applies
- 12 & 12 AFG – Waterloo
- Stepping Stones AFG – New Hamburg
- Miracles in Progress AFG – Guelph Now reopened follow the link for details
- Fresh Start AFG – Guelph Now reopened follow the link for details
- Serenity Seekers AFG – Guelph Now reopened follow the link for details
Guelph AFG – GuelphClosed until further notice
- New Beginnings Now reopened follow the link for details
- Monday Night Trinity AFG – Kitchener
- KOOL Friendship – Kitchener
- The Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow Alateen – Kitchener
For meeting closures or changes please check the individual meetings on these pages…
Also, note that the District Meetings due to go ahead in the foreseeable future will also be virtual until further notice. Please request an invitation on of the District 4 Exec coordinators if you wish to attend:
If you need help contact us