Covid-19 – temporary meeting closures
Many venues have now reopened either fully in person or as hybrids (in person and virtual). Please see below and the individual meeting page for details.
Al-Anon is classified as one of the mental health essential services according to Public Health Ontario and are able to meet within public health guidelines (Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Heath).
If members choose to meet in-person, it is recommended that:
- If you are sick, you not attend an in-person meeting
- wear a mask
- stay 6 feet apart
- each group should have hand sanitizer or a washing station
As the province relaxes regulations about gathering, District 4 has several ‘in-person’ meetings:
- Keep It Simple AFG – Kitchener * New meeting
- Monday Night Waterloo Alateen. * New – now open
- Stepping Stones AFG – New Hamburg * New – in person starting 4May/22
- New Courage to Change AFG – Waterloo * New – in person starting 25Apr/22
- Friday Night Acceptance – Cambridge * New – in person 25Mar/22
- KOOL Friendship – Kitchener – now Tuesday (change to Monday cancelled) * New – in person 21Mar/22
- One Day at a time – Kitchener – Saturday Morning * New – in-person again 26Feb/22
- The Sun Will Come Up Tomorrow Alateen – Kitchener
- New Fresh Start – Monday Morning – Fergus *New – reopened 30Jan/22
- Serenity Seekers – Monday night
- Wednesday morning AFG – Wednesday morning
- Guelph AFG– Wednesday night
- Courage to Love AFG – Cambridge – Thursday afternoon
- Miracles in Progress – Thursday night
- Fresh Start – Friday Morning
- New Beginnings – Friday Night
If anyone questions you, reference article 44 of Public Health about essential services.
If you would like to meet in person and have a venue that is available, please send the details to the District Representative or Alternate District Rep and we will post the information on the website.
We have set up several virtual meetings each week until further notice – you can view them on our Virtual meetings page
Please use your Conference Approved Literature, numerous internet resources including podcasts and electronic meetings and reach out to members using your phone lists and video chat. We all need our fellowship in this challenging time.
Meetings confirmed as closed or changed/updated
Here is a list of meetings currently closed or meeting virutally due to CoronaVirus (Covid-19):
- Courage to Grow AFG – Fergus – Thursday night – Fergus
- 12 & 12 AFG – Waterloo Now meeting virtually at 1:00 pm Tuesday – see virtual meetings for details
- Monday Night Trinity AFG – Kitchener * New – closed until September 12th
For meeting closures or changes please check the individual meetings on these pages.
The District Meetings will be virtual for the foreseeable future. Please request an invitation from one of the District 4 Exec coordinators if you wish to attend:
District Rep, District Treasurer, District secretary, or Alternate District Rep
If you need help contact us